Determine your best method of placement for IVCC coursework. You may have some or all of this information. Enter what you have based on transcripts and test scores.

Have the following ready to enter your information:

Early high school grad? Contact the IVCC Counseling office at (815) 224-0360 to discuss your options.

Individualized Education Plans: Students who had Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or 504 Plans in high school should contact the Center for Accessibility and Neurodiversity coordinator for assistance with going through the placement process. Call 815-224-0634.

To make placement official, you will need to provide IVCC with official transcripts and score reports. You may need to work with your high school to have reports sent to IVCC. Test scores used for placement may have limitations on the length of time since the test was taken. Check IVCC's placement guides for more information.

Make certain you have your official High School Equivalency (HSE - GED or HiSET) transcripts on file with IVCC in order to receive these options. Enter your email address to have the results sent to you. You will be able to print the results after submitting the form.

Graduating MENDOTA Seniors - please consult with your Mendota HS Counselor or an IVCC Counselor to determine if you need English placement. Please make sure you have provided your transcripts to IVCC.


Did you take the PSAT 10 or PSAT NMSQT exams in high school (typically sophomore year)?

I did not take the PSAT. (Move to the next section.)


Have you taken the SAT (typically junior/senior year in high school)?

I did not take the SAT. (Move to the next section.)


Have you taken the ACT (typically junior/senior year in high school)?

I did not take the ACT. (Move to the next section.)


Do you have a high school graduation GPA of 3.0/4.0 (unweighted)?